What is Vajrasana?
‘Vajra’ means diamond. The body is rigid as a diamond in this posture. This is a basic position for many other asanas and meditation.
Steps to follow (Vajrasana) :
- With knees, ankles and big toes touching the ground, take a kneeling position.
- One should sit on the heels and place palms on the knees.
- The Spine should be erect and breath should be deep.
- Draw the abdominal region inside and expand the chest.
- Those suffering from blood pressure will benefit from this asana.
- It gives longevity and strengthens the spine.